getreadyforbrexit.eu – The United Kingdom (UK) has postponed the introduction of customs rules announced for 1 July 2022 and beyond. In concrete terms, this means that for the time being, businesses do NOT need to prepare for:
- Mandatory security declarations for all cargo – ENS
- Certification for most veterinary and phytosanitary cargo
- Checks on this veterinary and phytosanitary cargo at Border Control Posts
- Certification and checks for all dairy products
- Certification and checks for all remaining veterinary cargo
The UK government has announced its intention to publish a new regime for import controls in autumn 2022. This will be done in a Target Operating Model. Following this, a start will be made with the implementation at the end of 2023.
You can read the official statement of the British government about the postponement here. A translation of this information for the business community can be found on rvo.nl.
Please note! All existing customs regulations in the UK remain in force.